Dedicated to the raising and improving the Dalmatian breed. We would love to encourage the good practices in raising the spotty breed.
We would love to help eliminate genetic problems associated with the breed or at least reduce the problems that many of the Dalmatians face. The way to do that is to
1) raise the awareness of the problems
2) selecting friendly and confident parent dogs with normal urinary metabolism and normal hearing.
- Metabolic Defect Research
- “Dalmatian Bladder Stones Caused by Gene that Regulates Uric Acid in Humans”, School of Veterinary Medicine at the University of California, Davis
- “The Dalmatian Backcross Project”, Danika Bannasch
- Deafness Research
- “Deafness in Dogs and Cats”, Louisiana State University
- “Reducing Deafness in Dalmatians”, The Dalmatian Club of America
- “The Dalmatian Dilemma: White Coat Colour and Deafness”, Dr. Bruce M Cattanach